Friday 22 September 2017

Against The Current Live in Indonesia: Sound System Problem?!

Been a fan of Against The Current since years ago, I forgot what year exactly, since they were still a YouTube-cover-musician. I first knew Chrissy Costanza (the vocalist) from her collaboration with Kurt Hugo Schneider and Alex Goot. She was very young (and little) back then. A small girl with big scream! Haha. Love it, though.

This was one of my favorite video covers of the 18 years-old-Chrissy (4 years ago):


But my admiration to Chrissy and Against The Current got deeper since I first found out their biggest hit single, Gravity (2015). I then listened to their other original songs from Infinity EP, Gravity EP and finally... IN OUR BONES ALBUM (2016)!

Their pop-rock genre is actually a bit not mainstream for a person like me, who always listen to Disneys, orchestras or sometimes anime soundtracks. It is the energy, the fire within their songs which burn something inside me, and kept my head up through hard times. So, when they announced their "In Our Bones Tour"to Indonesia, I was like... I NEED TO BUY THE TICKET. PERIOD.


So there I was. MS Hall, Jakarta. Front row. September 17, 2017.

As a determined girl, I didn't let anything prevent me to go to their concert, even though I need to go aLONE. Yes, alone. But I enjoyed my time. As my new friend, Saski, stated on her Instagram post:

"If you want to go somewhere you like but no one else wants to, go by yourself. you'll meet people with similar interests as you."

It was true. I met new friends, the ones who went to that concert by themselves, fellow strangers who became friends in the end. So much fun!




The concert went fine until in the middle of the show, something happened...

THE SOUND WAS SUDDENLY OFF!

Chrissy stopped singing, the band stopped playing, the stage froze for a while.

Didn't want the band feel bad, the audience continued singing "Dreaming Alone" loudly while clapping hands. Such a togetherness. For a second I thought the band would say sorry to us and stop the show until the end. But I was wrong.

I was very amazed with how they coped with that unexpected technical problem. Neither upset nor mad, they were instead being very humble and trying their best to fix it quick. And thEY DID IT!

While waiting for the fixing process which went about 20-30 minutes, Chrissy talked and joked with the audience about sound check process, about food she had tasted in Indonesia, and stuffs. An audience suggested her to try Indomie, Indonesia's number 1 favorite noodle. Haha!

Here is a bit of memories I tried to capture into a vlog slash mini documentary of Against The Current's #InOurBonesWorldTour in Jakarta including a special message from Daniel Gow, guitarist of Against The Current, I recorded after the show near the backstage. See you at another serendipity, ATC!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...